August 31, 2015

monthly recap // august 2015

Oh, my dear August, you were a crazy month for me. You were filled to the brim with new people, new jobs, and new situations that I was solely supposed to handle on my own (because apparently being 18 means I'm an adult and I have to do adult things). You brought me deep into my comfort zone and then ripped me as far away as you possibly could, and I can already tell that September will be more of the same comfort zone ripping. But I love you, August. You were good to me.

//////

i.
I nailed down my book outline.
After months and months and months (and quite a few tears) of planning, preparing, brain storming, dreaming, and imagining, I can finally say that I now know what my book is about. I know the direction I need to go and I know how the plot will play out. I cannot reveal anything now (I want to have a solid synopsis first) but I am so excited to have a somewhat plan!
ii.
I applied for a job.
Oh yes. With adulthood just starting for me and bills beginning to acquire I thought it was high time I at least filled out a couple of applications. I work for my parents right now but having an extra part-time job would definitely help me out. Finding time for a job, however, will be more difficult than even the interview process (and anyone who knows me personally knows that I despise interviews). I would appreciate prayers as I navigate the waters of employment!
iii.
My family travelled to Idaho.
Most of my mom's family is in Idaho. We haven't gone back there very often due to circumstances, but we decided to go for a week this past month. Idaho was absolutely beautiful and one of the most breath-taking pieces of land I have ever seen (it also helped inspire several parts of my book!).

Here are just a few of the photos I was able to take with my iPhone. Isn't it gorgeous?


iv.
I started college.
I've been dual-enrolled since 10th grade so thankfully that has put me at the end of my sophomore year of college at the start, but I officially am a college student now! It's a bittersweet thing... In part, I'm sad because it is the closing of a season that was very sweet, but on the other hand it is exciting to be embarking on a new adventure! I am majoring in English to hopefully help my writing skills and to put me on the path to success as an editor.
v.
I started this blog!
I cannot forget the fact that I took a plunge into the dark abyss of this blogging world this past month. Already I have made wonderful friends, connected with like-minded people, and have been able to learn from other bloggers who are just like me. It is such an amazing community and I can't wait to be a part of it!

How was August for you?

6 comments:

  1. August was great - busy but good. I'm thinking of applying for a job soon as well, and life was just crazy busy. I'm sad the month is over however because it means fall is right around the corner. I'm going to miss summer.
    Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one in search for a job. I'll be praying for you!

      Oh man, I love fall so much. Unfortunately, living in Florida does not exactly accommodate with my love for fall until around Christmas (or even past that some years!). :(

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world - I love your new little blogging nook! Sounds like you've had a busy/eventful month. You're majoring in English?! I am as well with a Professional Writing Concentration. I hope to become a publisher for a magazine or perhaps for travel guides - I just found out I might even be able to get an internship with Disney. What do you want to do in the field? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :)

      Yes, I am majoring in English! I do not have a specific concentration (I would love to concentrate on Creative Writing), but I think English will help me quite a bit and prove to be an umbrella over a wide variety of concentrations.

      I hope to work for a publishing house one day. I would love to just sift through books and pick and choose the ones that will be looked over for publishing consideration. I also would like to be an editor (maybe freelance?).

      A Disney internship? That is amazing! Are you going to go for it?

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world, dear one! I already love your blog! ^_^

    August for me has been crazy but good. :) I have just started a job, a week ago, actually! :) I'm nannying my neighbor's daughter after school and I'm enjoying it thus far. I'll be praying for your job sitch. :)
    I also went to Virginia to visit some friends of mine for a few days, and when I came home helped my family on a huge house project - replacing all but the frame/supports of our deck and painting it all. It took 6 days to complete!

    Wonderful post! ^_^

    xx Sarah
    imsarahanne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm welcome!

      Oh how fun! I would absolutely love to be a nanny if the Lord provides a job for me. Thank you for the prayers. :)

      Oh my word. That is quite the project!

      Thank you for the kind words. :)

      Delete